Admission Policy of the School:
The purpose of our admission policy is to help the prospective parents through the admission process effectively and to help them place their child in the appropriate class at Seven Isles International School, Mulund East, Mumbai.. The more relevant information we have, the more effectively we will be able to achieve this.
STEP – 1 – Visiting the School Office
Parents who visit the school office will be given a synopsis about the curriculum followed and the benefits of joining an international curriculum. The admission in charge will explain the various activities done in the school like music, dance, drama, sports, arts and martial arts. The parents are given the prospectus and the application form for admission.
The filled up application form should be submitted in the school office with the following support documents:
• A copy of EITHER the child’s birth certificate (Original) OR attested photocopy
of the relevant page from the child’s passport.
• Official copies of the student’s academic reports for the past two years.
• Six recent passport size photographs.
• Application Form.
• Medical Record.
• Transfer Certificate from the previous school. (From Grade 2 onwards)
Once the application and the above said documents are received, the admission process will begin.
The child’s age will give the initial indication as to the appropriate class, and the aptitude test will either confirm this or lead to further assessment.
These are the guidelines for the dates of birth, for the children, entering Seven Isles Cambridge International School.
We believe students should be with children of the same age, tackling tasks with the appropriate intellectual challenge.
Preceding Entry to the class
Entering Nursery - 2 ½ by 31 March
Entering Junior KG 1 - 3 ½ by 31 March
Entering Senior KG 2 - 4 ½ by 31 March
Entering Class 1 - 5 ½ by 31 March
Entering Class 2 - 6 ½ by 31 March
Entering Class 3 - 7 ½ by 31 March
Entering Class 4 - 8 ½ by 31 March
Entering Class 5 - 9 ½ by 31 March
Entering Class 6 - 10½ by 31 March
Entering Class 7 - 11½ by 31 March
Entering Class 8 - 12½ by 31 March
Entering Class 9 - 13½ by 31 March
Entering Class 10 - 14½ by 31 March
Entering Class 11 - 15½ by 31 March
Entering Class 12 - 16½ by 31 March
STEP - 2
After receiving the initial documentation with the child’s application, the admission in charge will arrange for an assessment to place your child in the appropriate class.
• For entry to class 1 and upwards, children are required to take an Aptitude Test.
This will reflect what we expect a child to be able to do, by the end of the preceding school year, though those seeking admission during the final term, will be assessed using learning objectives, from the current year of study.
• Those seeking admission to Classes 3 to 5, will be assessed on their skills in using English, Science and Mathematics.
• Those seeking admission to Class 6 and above will be assessed on their understanding of the scientific concepts, in addition to Mathematics and English.
• We prefer to meet students personally, and discuss with them, their interests and academic progress. This process is also essential for those who have found the aptitude tests difficult, for we would require to carry out a further assessment, in order to place the student in the appropriate class. If possible, we would like to meet both the parents.
• At Seven Isles Cambridge International School, we always welcome students, and strive to offer them a platform to showcase their abilities.
Once the result of the aptitude test is declared by the admission in charge, the Principal of the school will have a meeting with the child and the parents. After the interaction with the child and the parent, the Principal will give permission to proceed with the admission. By paying the admission fee the student is taken on the roll of the school.